#navbar-iframe { display: none; }

« Home | Gung hei fut choy: Sydney events » | Rabeih Sweets, Punchbowl » | Snapped: Moonlight Cinema, Centennial Park » | Snapped: Reclaim the Streets 2005 » | Sign my guestbook » | Snapped: Here comes the bride... » | Sweet Belem, Petersham » | Ippon Sushi, Haymarket » | Snapped: lemon meringue pie » | Oscillate Wildly, Newtown »

Friday, February 04, 2005

Music in my Kitchen

Eek! I've seen this pass-it-on music survey do the blog rounds but didn't suspect that eventually my pedestrian music tastes would be forcibly revealed to the cybersphere.

Why oh why did I comment on Reid's kitchen music? :P

Ok. Here goes...

What is the total amount of music files on your computer?

Embarassing confession #1: I'm mp3-less. I missed the mp3 revolution by about six months when I got my MiniDiscman two years ago and haven't bothered to upgrade since. I'm such a geeky non-geek.

The CD you last bought?
It's been aaages. I think it was Nickelback's Long Road.


What was the song you last listened to before reading this message?
Duran Duran - The Reflex

Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.
The first five that come to mind:





A-ha - Take on Me
80s child. It's also my mobile ring tone!







INXS - Devil Inside
Instant appeal. Plus it's what they soundtracked my skydiving video to.






Coldplay - The Scientist
Brings out the melancholy in me. Plus I was a huge Cold Feet fan.






New Order - 60 Miles an Hour
Evokes a lot of memories. Their gig at Finsbury Park, London 2002 still ranks all-time. I was close to picking True Faith, Bizarre Love Triangle or Blue Monday.






Placebo - Every You Every Me
Great driving track.

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?
BHR from PhotoSydney
-- he snaps Sydney, but what does he snap his fingers to? ANSWERS

Meg from iheartbacon
-- anyone who hearts pork products wins mine ANSWERS

L from OsloFoodie
-- a self-confessed baby spinach food fetishist. Need I say more? ANSWERS

Thanks Reid. Enjoyed the aural trip down memory lane...
4 comments - Add some comment love

posted by Anonymous on 2/04/2005 06:51:00 pm


4 Comments:

  • At 2/04/2005 10:42 pm, Blogger santos. said…

    aaaaah! another minidisc person, yay!!! great new order song.

     
  • At 2/04/2005 11:58 pm, Blogger R said…

    I know exactly what you mean! I was just reading this:

    http://www.murrayhill5.net/blog/inmykitchenblog/

    Where does this quiz come from, and do you get some sort of rating at the end?
    Am I getting old or am I out of the loop? I didn't get this chain email.

    Can't believe that I'm moaning about chain mail... Might be time to get a new hobby.

    But you are a little social butterfly Augustusgloop. Look at all these little adventures that you've had. Good for you.
    Rx

     
  • At 2/06/2005 12:05 pm, Blogger Reid said…

    Hi AG,

    Cool list of songs. Judging by your picks, I would say it's possible that we're in the same age group, either that, or you have a penchant for the 80s. If I'm guessing incorrectly, I apologize.

    BTW...as soon as I saw "The Reflex" on your list, I was overcome by the urge to listen to Duran Duran. I also have a mini-disc player. Hasn't been used in age though, especially since I now have my iPOD mini.

     
  • At 2/07/2005 4:33 am, Blogger Jeanne said…

    Cool list!! And somebody else who still listens to Duran Duran - woo hoo! Kindred spirit! My personal favourites have to include Careless Memories (live versions), The Chauffeur and Seventh Stranger. Good times, good times. Also have to admire your choice of New Order - although I would have gone with Bizarre Love Triangle. Aaaah, the 80s!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


      << Read Older Posts       |       >> Read Newer Posts