#navbar-iframe { display: none; }

« Home | Guylian Belgian Chocolate Cafe, The Rocks, Sydney » | Vibe Entertains cookbook launch, Vibe Hotel Sydney » | Adriano Zumbo, Balmain » | Max Brenner Chocolate Bar, Bondi Junction » | Top 10, my friend » | Kelly's Bar and Grill, Bondi Junction » | Sushi Tengoku, Kensington » | Restaurant Blancmange, Petersham » | A week of birthday cake » | Homemade char siu, Hainan chicken and green tea cake »

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

MasterChef Australia

Have you ever dreamed of becoming the next Gordon Ramsay?

By some random glance at the TV guide, I serendipitously noticed last month's screening of MasterChef Goes Large, the UK game show where non-professional cooks battle it out for the title of MasterChef. I only caught the final five episodes (it was the 2007 season), but I did watch the final three contestants cook three-course meals for: soldiers (using army rations), the cast and crew of a tv soap, Michelin judges and Tony Blair (in the kitchens of 10 Downing Street!).

It was compelling viewing (and I do love my reality tv) so I'm looking forward to seeing the Australian version which is casting for applicants now. Know someone who would be perfect for this show? Entry rules and conditions are here. Applications close on 9 January, 2009.


And don't forget it's the final Good Living Growers Market at Pyrmont for 2008 this Saturday. The next one isn't until 7 February 2009, so roll on in and stock on up!
8 comments - Add some comment love

posted by Helen (Grab Your Fork) on 12/03/2008 11:31:00 pm


8 Comments:

  • At 12/04/2008 9:26 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ooeerr.. go for it Helen! Use your kaiseki skill that we learned last year! :P

     
  • At 12/04/2008 7:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was absolutely hooked on the UK Masterchef when I was living there (and earlier this year on an extended bus trip for 3 months) - I so wanted little Emily to win!

    It will be fantastic to see the Aussie one, I've been hanging out since I heard about the auditions a while ago.

     
  • At 12/04/2008 9:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I wonder if any food bloggers will enter? That would be so exciting!

     
  • At 12/04/2008 11:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oohh I fully support you Helen go go go ^^!

     
  • At 12/04/2008 11:12 pm, Blogger Helen (Grab Your Fork) said…

    Hi Billy - Nah I think you have much better skills as a pastry chef! :)

    Hi Christie - I can't wait either. It was great that the UK version wasn't sensationalised or glammed up. Food and cooking are so much in the public conscience these days, plus I'm up for more food shows on telly!

    Hi Lorraine - That would be cool. It's a great opportunity for anyone keen to realise a cheffing ambition that might otherwise remain a pipedream. Plus it's always great to watch people learn and grow right before your eyes (from the comfort of your loungeroom, of course!).

     
  • At 12/06/2008 3:50 pm, Blogger Helen (Grab Your Fork) said…

    Hi FFichiban - But then I wouldn't be able to blog, and where would that leave everyone :)

     
  • At 2/03/2009 8:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    masterchef australia will be filmed at 13 doody street alexandria nsw 2015.


    looks like haystar is the production team. Mid Feb for 7 months, hope it all goes well

     
  • At 2/05/2009 6:56 pm, Blogger Helen (Grab Your Fork) said…

    Hi Anon - Thanks for the leak :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


      << Read Older Posts       |       >> Read Newer Posts