#navbar-iframe { display: none; }

« Home | Spice Up Your Life Part II: Janani, Homebush » | Spice Up Your Life: Saffron's Spice Tour » | Pyrmont Growers' Market » | Aniseed it, and you don't... » | Grab Your Diary » | Snapped: Water boy » | Orange Grove Markets safe for now » | Primo Italiano, Stanley Street Festival » | IMBB #16: Tortilla Espanola » | Upcoming events »

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

EoMEoTE #8: Something fishy

"Here's a story........ of a lovely lady,
Who was bringing up three very lovely giiiiirrrrrrllllls.
All of them had hair of gooooold--"

"Can you stop singing that song Jan? It's driving me crazy." Marcia sighed. "And besides, you better get this blindfold off me cos Chip is picking me up in half an hour, and you know I have cheerleading practice this afternoon... and all the girls voted me to be at the top of the pyramid."

Jan stiffened, as she felt a tear spring to her eye. "It's always Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!" she wailed.

"What's wrong with you Jan?" Marcia asked with sisterly concern, cocking her head to one side as she tried to peer through the blindfold. "You've been acting weird ever since you singlehandedly ruined that family photo we took for Mom's anniversary."

Marcia sighed again before straightening up and brightening into a pearly smile. "Now I don't mean to be bossy, but exactly what kind of experiment will this be for the Science Fair? I still don't understand why I need to wear this blindfold anyway and why do you keep on insisting I call you Mr Blonde?"

Jan gently lifted Marcia's glossy mane of hair out of the way, tucking it gently behind her ear.

"Well I don't know why I came here tonight", Jan explained. "I got the feeling that something ain't right...I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair...And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs...Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am..."


Fried egg splattered with fish sauce and chilli oil, and garnished with coriander.

Check out the drama for all the End of Month Eggs on Toast Extravaganza #8 entries here.

NB. Special thanks to VerucaSalt for the beautiful plate, brought all the way back from her recent trip to Japan. Domo arigatoo gozaimashita!
4 comments - Add some comment love

posted by Anonymous on 7/06/2005 11:59:00 pm


4 Comments:

  • At 7/07/2005 12:11 am, Blogger eat stuff said…

    oooh!
    Cute Plate!

    LOL! Marcia Marcia Marcia

     
  • At 7/07/2005 9:10 am, Blogger deborah said…

    Oh I love the splashing of fish sauce and chilli oil. I imagine this would go great with some wonton wrapped slightly baked or even an indonesian style roti. However with the fish sauce I wonder if a Vietnamese style bread roll would go down well...

    Cut plate, love how the bunny is sniffing away at the crush of the bread :)

     
  • At 7/11/2005 5:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fish sauce .. AG..?? how does it taste..?? the presentation is great as usual. .of course. :)

    MrsT

     
  • At 7/22/2005 2:09 am, Blogger Jeanne said…

    Yep, the Brady Bunch may be a classic, but Reservoir Dogs kicks its skinny blonde ass all over the place!! What a fabulous clash of cultures - when Bradys go bad. I love it, I love it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


      << Read Older Posts       |       >> Read Newer Posts