#navbar-iframe { display: none; }

« Home | Blog Day 2006 » | Al Sofra Pizza, Pide and Kebab House, Auburn » | It's Definitely Spring » | Just Desserts at The Boulevard Markets, Sydney Oly... » | Haldon Street Festival 2006, Lakemba » | Me, me, and a big bag of Lindt balls » | Five Things to Eat Before You Die » | Kitchen Gadgets: Benriner Turning Slicer » | Spring Picnic » | Auburn: A Photographic Food Tour »

Friday, September 01, 2006

Macchiato, Sydney

garlic pizza
Garlic pizza bread $4.50

Macchiato does good pizza. If I could have had my lunch again, I would have just stuffed myself stupid with garlic pizza bread, a rarity of perfection with its thin crisp base--bubbled up with undulating air pockets--topped with generous scatterings of pungent garlic, a dusting of chopped parsley, and just the right amount of lubricating olive oil.

asian risotto
Asian risotto $19.90
Bundle of tiger prawns, marinated chicken and stir-fried
vegetables in a special Asian sauce


Our table ordered a range of different meals: I thought the cannelloni was a little bland and the Asian risotto was a dubious ambition, tasting more like wet fried rice to me. The beauty of a risotto, in my opinion, is in its bitey texture and buttery smoothness. The Asian risotto recipient loved it though, so each to their own I suppose.

cannelloni
Spinach and ricotta cannelloni $14.90
served in a white cream sauce


fish and chips
Fish and chips $14.90

The fish had a pleasing golden crunch to its batter, the linguine prawns (my order) was not as robust in flavours as I would have preferred.

linguini
Linguine Prawns $19.90
Tiger prawns, asparagus and leek in a creamy tomato sauce


Today's winning dish of the day was the barbecue seafood platter though. The aromas of charred seafood were utterly fantastic, and everything tasted super fresh. The octopus tentacles were giant sized, yet still amazingly tender.

Next time I'm having the barbecue seafood. With garlic pizza of course.

seafood
Barbecue Seafood $24.90
Octopus, king prawns, calamari and grilled fish


Macchiato
338 Pitt Street, Sydney
Tel: +61 (02) 9262 9525

Monday - Friday 7am until late
Saturday 5pm until late

Related GrabYourFork posts:
Macchiato, November 2005
3 comments - Add some comment love

posted by Anonymous on 9/01/2006 05:48:00 pm


3 Comments:

  • At 9/01/2006 6:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mmm good garlic pizza is hard to find. it has to border on caramelised, but still punchy... if you know what i mean.

     
  • At 9/02/2006 2:08 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dude did you see the dessert menu!?! they had chocolate ravioli!

     
  • At 9/05/2006 10:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow. This is a surprise!

    I had one meal here. Just one. It was enough for me to never go back.

    It wasn't pizza though. It was a Caesar salad. Now if you've found somewhere that does a good one, I'd love to know. I'd be keen to hear your general pizza thoughts over at
    http://royaltech.net/blog/2005/10/14/the-worst-pizza-in-town/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


      << Read Older Posts       |       >> Read Newer Posts