The dog ate my homework.
Billy tagged me for the 6 random things meme, and it's taken me over three weeks to finally respond. It's reasonably similar to the 10 Random Things Meme I first answered in January 2006, but I won't let Billy down. And yeah, this blog and I do feel old.
So here are 6 more random things about me. They're all food-related. Surely you're not surprised!
- My ideal breakfast would be fluffy hotcakes with lashings of maple syrup, thick slices of banana and two rashers of bacon fried til crisp. Oh yes, I hear your disbelief, but you too, will see the light once you try it (trust me!).
- Which colour Allens' Snakes do I choose? I go straight for the yellow ones. I've moved on from red. How can you beat that pineappley goodness?
- My favourite snack right now is blue cheese on ginger biscuits. It works with mild Castello, creamy gorgonzola, crumbly Stilton or tangy roquefort. Best biscuits are Anna's Swedish Thins.
- When I'm sick, I crave homemade congee. There's something so very comforting and nourishing about a simple bowl of rice porridge with a slosh of soy and a simple garnish of chopped shallots (green onions) and sprigs of coriander. And when you start craving the fried bread sticks, you know you're back to your old self again!
- The last chocolate bar I bought was a Picnic. I love that combo of wafer, nuts and caramel.
- I have a confession. I still have a strange obsession with eating my foods one layer at a time. This includes wafers, liquorice allsorts, jersey caramels and those layered Vietnamese rice flour desserts in stripes of pink, white and green. I can't help it. It feels wrong not to!
This meme has already gone around much of the Sydney food blogosphere already, so I'm tagging 5 Sydney bloggers whom I don't think have been tagged so far. I tag:
- Karen from Beansprout's Cafe
- Karen from Citrus and Candy
- TFP from The Food Pornographer
- Jen from Jenius
- Y from lemonpi
- Annie from Yes, I want to see the dessert menu!
- Link to the person who tagged you
- Post the rules on the blog
- Write six random things about yourself
- Tag six people at the end of your post
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by commenting on their blog
- Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.
And I've love to hear from others, especially from those who read this blog but don't have the time to maintain their own. Either tell me 6 random things about yourself, or if you're uninspired, use the 6 themes I've highlighted above. Leave your answers in the comment box. You don't need to log in to make a comment. Go on.... you know you want to....
Related GrabYourFork posts:
Meme - 5 Things to Eat Before You Die (Aug06)
Meme - Ten Things About Me (Jan06)
Meme - Top 5 Childhood Food Memories (Sep05)
Meme - 5 Favourite Cookbooks (Jun05)
10 comments - Add some comment love
12/10/2008 11:04:00 p.m.