Welcome to the first Freebie Friday for 2010!
Are you on a health kick as part of a New Year's resolution? Determined to eat better, cook more or save money by eating in? Then you'll love our first prize for the year which comes from the good folk at Le' Spice.
One lucky reader will win a spice hamper containing three spice mixes: peri peri, Mughlai korma and almond dukka - perfect for that weeknight fast and easy dinner. The spices are hand picked, roasted, grinded, blended and then packed into tins so pretty, you'll be happy to leave them sitting on the kitchen benchtop.
The prize hamper also contains Chai and a tea infuser ball, but what I'm most excited about is the tin of African Red Drinking Chocolate. This unusual product is made predominantly from African Forastero cocoa beans and a small amount of Trinitario cocoa beans.
"It makes a velvety cocoa drink with a great texture on the tongue," says Khurram from Le' Spice. "There are hints of a fruity fragrance - it is nothing like what you get from the store. You can really taste the cocoa because it has undergone only very minimal processing to preserve its high antioxidant content."
One prize hamper containing:
- Le' Spice Peri Peri Spice Mix
- Le' Spice Mughlai Korma Spice Mix
- Le' Spice Almond Dukkah Spice Mix
- Le' Spice African Red Drinking Chocolate
- Le' Spice Tea - Chai
- Le' Spice Tea Infuser Ball
Please note: This competition is open to Australian residents only.
HOW TO ENTER:
All you have to do is fulfil the requirements below:
- Leave a comment on this post and tell us what is your favourite or secret spice trick? These are some of mine: cinnamon and honey in yoghurt, cinnamon on banana toast, sumac on tomato salad, and my personal favourite - lemon pepper on cheese toast under the grill. Share yours in a comment...
- And then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "Spice" and include your full name and a copy of your published comment from this post.
The Spice competition closes on Monday 01 March 2010 at 5.30pm AEST. The winner will be announced on Grab Your Fork on Wednesday 03 March 2010.
EDIT: Congratulations to the winner of the Le' Spice hamper announced here.
>> Don't forget to also enter the competition to win a case of Jed Sauvignon Blanc with $264. Entries close on Friday 05 March 2010 at 5.30pm. Enter now
43 comments - Add some comment love
1/29/2010 02:48:00 a.m.