Both Billy and I attended the festival in March this year, and we're keen to see what's in store ahead. This year the themes will include:
- Women of the Kitchen
- The Lost [culinary] Arts, and
- Stars of Spice.
Our four-course lunch features dishes by guest chefs Rosa Mitchell from Journal Canteen and Philippe Mouchel from The Brasserie. Both of them have cooked traditional dishes from their childhood.
Philippe Mouchel says that adding a crust to meat is something his grandmother always did and the thick spread of rosemary and parmesan paste on the gigantic veal chops is an ideal way to add flavour and protect the moisture of the meat.
- Elena Arzak, head chef of the three Michellin-starred Arzak in San Sebastian, Spain
- Bompas & Parr, jellymongers from the UK who once staged a jelly banquet for 2,000 people, and created a four-tonne lake of cognac punch that guests had to row over before drinking
- Roy Choi, famous for his tweeting food truck that tells followers where his Korean-flavoured tacos (beef short ribs in a corn tortilla with a special sauce containing 21 ingredients) will be available
- Nigella Lawson, the domestic goddess and kitchen seductress
- Hisako Ogita, a world class expert in the art of macaron-making, from Tokyo
- Angela Hartnett, a Gordon Ramsay protege who now runs the Murano restaurant and the York & Albany pub in London
- Thorsten Schmidt from Malling + Schmidt, Arrhus, Denmark, known for his experimental foods and techniques which resulted in a recent ice cream made from oak bark that apparently tasted delicious
- Zakary Pelaccio from the Fatty Crab, New York
- Anna Hansen, who started as a dishwasher at Fergus Henderon's restaurant French House Dining before eventually ascending to the role of head chef. She now runs The Modern Pantry, London
- Mary Calmobaris who will be cooking with her son, George
- Maggie Beer and Stephanie Alexander who will be cooking together
- Anna Gare, soon to hit our TV screens with Junior Masterchef
- Paris Cutler from Planet Cake, Sydney
by O Tama Carey, Berta
12 comments - Add some comment love
9/07/2010 02:16:00 a.m.