#navbar-iframe { display: none; }

« Home | A nose-to-tail dinner party » | A Taste of Peru, a plateful of alpaca » | Sweet corn ice cream, Tiong Bahru Market, crab and... » | Kaya toast, the MINT toy museum and Maxwell Food C... » | Nuffnang Asia-Pacific Blog Awards 2009 » | Sugar Hits at The Grace Hotel, Glass and Azuma Kus... » | Interview: Ten Questions with Luke Nguyen (and ano... » | Canh Chua tamarind broth with silver perch and ele... » | How to make your own mozzarella and camembert » | Gorkha Palace Restaurant, North Strathfield »

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Macaron Day at Adriano Zumbo Patisserie, Balmain


Photo credit: Image courtesy of adrianozumbo.com and imagineation

BREAKING NEWS: Do you know whose birthday it is tomorrow?

It’s Adriano Zumbo’s!

How is he celebrating?

Adriano Zumbo is having a macaron party.
AND YOU’RE INVITED.



We’re not talking about 12 different flavours of macarons.

We’re talking about a shop full of nothing but crazy macaron flavours!

The team at Adriano Zumbo’s kitchens have been working furiously all week to churn out as many wild and wonderful macaron flavours are they can.

Don’t believe me? Check out the master list of flavours on offer tomorrow only:



MACARON DAY AT ADRIANO ZUMBO PATISSERIE
Celebrating Adriano Zumbo's Birthday
Friday November 6, 2009

Up to 60 flavours will be on offer. The 45 flavours confirmed so far include:
  1. Black truffle
  2. Cheeseburger
  3. Liquorice
  4. Rice pudding
  5. Finger bun
  6. Popcorn
  7. Mastic, yoghurt, cucumber and mint
  8. Iced Vovo
  9. Vegemite sourdough
  10. Peanut butter
  11. Pink grapefruit
  12. Strawberry bubblegum
  13. Mango and tonka bean
  14. Cheesecake
  15. Goats cheese and blueberry
  16. Burnt butter
  17. Burnt toast and butter
  18. Maple syrup, bacon and pancake
  19. Fig and blackcurrant
  20. Strawberries and cream
  21. Caramello Koala
  22. Blue cheese and pear
  23. Doughnut
  24. Golden Gaytime
  25. Avocado
  26. Pan d’epice
  27. Turkish delight
  28. Neopolitan
  29. Olive oil and rosemary
  30. Carrot cake
  31. Toasted marshmallow
  32. Chocolate and red wine
  33. Chocolate and mint
  34. Chocolate and praline
  35. Chocolate and passionfruit
  36. Mexican chocolate
  37. Tanzanian salted chocolate
  38. Plantation chocolate
  39. Chocolate citrus
  40. Chocolate foie gras
  41. Raspberry chocolate
  42. Chocolate and salted caramel
  43. Green tea
  44. Date and orange
  45. Lamington
  46. French toast <- new addition
  47. Chupa chupa (on a stick!) <- new addition
  48. Beer and peanuts <-- new addition
EDIT 6/11/09: Not following @grabyourfork on twitter? Check out all my macaron madness pics tweeted on macaron morning...

UPDATE 8/11/09: Check out my post on all the macaron madness and pics of the day here.


Which one will you choose?

Each macaron will cost $2 and will be available tomorrow, Friday 6 November 2009 only.

The patisserie opens at 8.00am so get down there early before they all sell out.

Adriano will be in-store at 11.00am for about an hour or so, if you want to personally wish him a happy birthday. In the meantime, you get to enjoy a happy mac day! Everyone’s a winner!

And from one November baby (and fellow Scorpio) to another, happy birthday Adriano!



View Larger Map

Adriano Zumbo Patisserie
296 Darling Street, Balmain, Sydney
Tel: +61 (02) 9810 7318

Monday to Saturday 8am-6pm
Sunday 8am-4pm

Related GrabYourFork posts:
Adriano Zumbo Macaron Day photos (Oct09)
Adriano Zumbo Macaron Day flavour list (Oct09)
Adriano Zumbo Patissier, Balmain ( May09) , (Jan09) and (Nov08)
Adriano Zumbo Cafe Chocolat, Balmain (Nov08)
24 comments - Add some comment love

posted by Helen (Grab Your Fork) on 11/05/2009 03:23:00 pm


24 Comments:

  • At 11/05/2009 3:47 pm, Anonymous Rilsta said…

    Ooh, so many interesting flavours! I wish I was there so I could try some! Happy birthday Adriano!

     
  • At 11/05/2009 4:05 pm, Blogger 2-minute Noodle Cook said…

    Like Rilsta, I wish I can be there in person! Anyway, I'll just RSVP to the blog post for pictures to drool over....

     
  • At 11/05/2009 4:10 pm, Anonymous Simon said…

    *gasp*! At the very least, I have to go the maple, bacon, pancake one!

    $90 for one of everything. Pondering if I should even consider it...

     
  • At 11/05/2009 4:23 pm, Blogger 2-minute Noodle Cook said…

    OK, I've decided that the 3 I most wish to sample:
    Mastic, yoghurt, cucumber and mint; Blue cheese and pear; Goats cheese and blueberry. You lucky Sydneysiders can give us in the West a taste will you, that is, with your pictures/blog?

     
  • At 11/05/2009 4:31 pm, Blogger Kt said…

    Damn. Wish I could get over there tomorrow.

     
  • At 11/05/2009 4:42 pm, Blogger Rita (mademoiselle délicieuse) said…

    When I saw the flyers up in the store advertising this, all I could think was "Wow..."

     
  • At 11/05/2009 4:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm overawed. Bacon & Maple? I'm there. But vegemite macarons? Say it isn't so!
    Jax

     
  • At 11/05/2009 5:01 pm, Anonymous aptronym said…

    Hmm. It's Adriano's b'day tomorrow and it's also my sister's. Does that mean that I am obligated to go and get some macarons?

     
  • At 11/05/2009 6:17 pm, Anonymous fooderati said…

    Trust me, Jax..the sourdough and vegemite macaron is brilliant..I tasted the ganache the other day in the kitchen and it's SO GOOD! (and that's coming from a vegemite hater!)

     
  • At 11/05/2009 10:16 pm, Anonymous Su-Lin said…

    Those flavours are fantastic! I'd definitely try the maple syrup + bacon and cheeseburger. What's Golden Gaytime?

     
  • At 11/05/2009 10:23 pm, Blogger YaYa said…

    Now I KNOW why I'm a scorpio baby too! Only one day separates our birthdays. Burnt toast and butter mmmmmm, damn it's going to be busy in Rozelle tomorrow.

     
  • At 11/05/2009 11:56 pm, Anonymous Julie said…

    Those are very interesting flavours. If only i had the day off work :(

     
  • At 11/06/2009 12:47 am, Anonymous Phuoc said…

    OMG I'm so sad.. I had plans of going tomorrow but I got called in to work. I'm going to go in on Sat and hope to god that there are still some left... Long shoot I know but I guess if there's nothing then I know I can get something else yummy! :P

    But I'm still so sad! I remember reading that he was suppose to be a macaron month.. Any ideas if this is true or not?

     
  • At 11/06/2009 1:12 am, Blogger Helen (Grab Your Fork) said…

    Hi Rilsta - It's an amazing collection of flavours. Really shows you what an active imagination can lead to!

    Hi 2-Minute Noodle Cook - lol. I'll see what I can do... and they are three excellent choices too. Hopefully others will be posting about their Macaron Day adventures!

    Hi Simon - One of everything? Now that's commitment!

    Hi Kt - It's a shame most of us have to work, but hey next year Zumbo's b'day will be on the weekend!

    Hi Mademoiselle Delicieuse - It's crazy, fun but totally expected of Zumbo isn't it!?

    Hi Jax - Vegemite and sourdough macarons! I'm hoping there's a slathering of butter too. I'm intrigued but then I'm always a sucker for the unusual!

    Hi aptonym - lol. I think so! I'm sure your sister will love you even more!

    Hi Fooderati - You hate Vegemite? I guess it's a big call if you still rate it! I love how he's featuring Aussie favourites like Vegemite and lamingtons!

    Hi Su-Lin - A Golden Gaytime is a popular caramel and vanilla ice cream block coated in biscuit crumbs. Every Aussie kid who grew up in the 80s and 90s covets them! More info here.

    Hi YaYa - Burnt toast and butter sounds crazy good, and yes, I wonder what the queue will be like along Darling Street tomorrow!

    Hi Julie - It's sad indeed that many of us have to work. Hopefully some will be able to squeeze in an early visit and still make it to work on time!

    Hi Phuoc - I'm not aware of a macaron month, I thought it was only going to be a macaron day. I am sure he will release some of the flavours in future collections?

     
  • At 11/06/2009 8:08 am, Blogger thehealthyfoodie said…

    i cant believe im stuck at work when all those macarons are waiting for me =(

     
  • At 11/06/2009 12:32 pm, Anonymous clekitty said…

    What?! I only just found out today and here I am at work!! I can't concentrate anymore.. not when I know there are so many macaron flavours :(

     
  • At 11/06/2009 2:17 pm, Anonymous illegallyblonde said…

    Helen! You're such a bad influence - I zoomed there on my lunchbreak and bought a huge box, filled with one of every flavour!

     
  • At 11/06/2009 5:26 pm, Blogger Karen | Citrus and Candy said…

    Here's another one for your list...

    Beer and nuts! Seriously! (and it was good!)

     
  • At 11/06/2009 9:26 pm, Blogger Brenda said…

    Ohhhhh :( I only read about this now...and even so there would have been no way I could have made it out to Balmain. I'm so disappointed. It would have been so awesome to try some of those flavours.

     
  • At 11/06/2009 9:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i went today and got ten and they were AMAZING... esp. the chupa chup one. i saw it and went 'oooh macaron on a stick - must get' and i loved the dancing lollies.

    lol didn't splurge on the truffle tho but the burnt toast was wonderful. so was salted caramel. my friend and i were so sugar sick afterwards it was funny. in need of insulin but so worth it.

    wendy

     
  • At 11/07/2009 1:13 pm, Blogger A Sydney Foodie said…

    I made the pilgrimmage... but got to say I was a tad disappointed with the flavours that I got. Everything was overly sugary..and the bacon/maplesyrup was not bacony!! :-(

    -asydfoodie

     
  • At 11/08/2009 12:04 am, Blogger Yas @ hungry.digital.elf. said…

    I'm a lucky bustard, Simon generously shared with his macarons with Richard. Just like we did, alot of bloggers must have used your list to refer which one is what LOL Great post!

     
  • At 11/08/2009 8:23 pm, Anonymous Arwen from Hoglet K said…

    That's an amazing list! Date and orange jumps out for me and chocolate with red wine. Did you try the bold ones?

     
  • At 11/08/2009 11:33 pm, Blogger Helen (Grab Your Fork) said…

    Hi thehealthyfoodie - It was a fun day - a shame you couldn't make it. Perhaps a future visit to Zumbo could offer some consolation! :)

    Hi clekitty - I only received the info on flavours at the eleventh hour. You can read all about my macaron morning here.

    Hi illegallyblonde - Wow, I can't believe you bought the $110 box! Hope you had fun wading through all the flavours!

    Hi Karen - Wow, we missed out on the beer & nuts. That combo sounds phenomenal!

    Hi Brenda - I'm guessing a lot of people couldn't make it there on the Friday, but you can read all about my macaron discoveries here.

    Hi Wendy - The Chupa Chup was a very cute idea! I was sampling macarons all weekend, so yes, I understand the sugar overdose feeling! I loved the burnt toast one too!

    Hi ASydneyFoodie - I noticed there wasn't much bacon flavour too, but then an attempt to create maple syrup, pancakes and bacon in a macaron was a valiant attempt regardless. There were a few standouts - I loved the cheeseburger, the burnt toast and butter and the lamington, in particular.

    Hi Yas - Lucky indeed! You got to sleep in and enjoy a banquet of macarons! Looks like you guys had fun :) And lol, glad the list came in handy!

    Hi Arwen - I tried most of the bolded ones. Check out my latest post on my macaron-filled Friday :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


      << Read Older Posts       |       >> Read Newer Posts