#navbar-iframe { display: none; }

« Home | New comments feature » | SHF #10: Honey snaps » | Good Food Show, 3 July 2005 » | Grab Your Diary, 14 July - 10 August » | Snapped: Winter sunshine » | Cafe Kasturi, Haymarket » | Spice Up Your Life Part III: Janani Sweets, Homebush » | London terror attack » | Grab Your Diary, 7-24 July » | EoMEoTE #8: Something fishy »

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Hot, blonde and full of kisses

Nic from bakingsheet has recently organised Blogging by Mail, an international baking spectacular involving twenty-two participants baking goodies for their fellow food bloggers.

So when I received a package on Thursday I was amazed at the speed at which my bakee had dispatched their package (names and addresses were only distributed 10 days before). That is until I realised that my sweet parcel of goodness was not from my surprise baking blogger, but from Nic herself, who has apparently posted care packages to every participant involved!


There was evidence that Australian Quarantine had opened the package for inspection, but luckily it appeared that all goodies were intact (phew!).

Inside was a carefully packed box of blondies, a sachet of Ghirardelli chocolate mocha, an entire bag of white chocolate Hershey's Kisses and the cutest kitschest card I've seen--extremely appropriate for the occasion!

To say I am impressed is an understatement!

I have to confess I did scratch my head when I saw the word "blondies" written in the card--was Deborah Harry going to jump out any minute and launch into Heart of Glass?

Then I recalled Nic's recent post on blondies and as I bit into my first mouthful, I can assure you that the picture does not do it justice. Tasting like a soft-baked cookie with a chewy interior, these are chock-full of choc chips (white and milk) and have a distinctive sweet butterscotch flavour.

Nic. You are a star!

If you require more proof of her organisational prowess, check out her wrap-up of honey entries for this month's Sugar High Friday.

All participating bloggers will be posting about their received packaged on July 31st. Nic will posting a wrap-up on all the Blogging By Mail entries sometime in early August.
7 comments - Add some comment love

posted by Anonymous on 7/16/2005 11:59:00 pm


7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


      << Read Older Posts       |       >> Read Newer Posts