#navbar-iframe { display: none; }

« Home | Grab Your Fork in Men's Style magazine » | Chez Pok, Pokolbin, Hunter Valley » | Chinese New Year Party » | The Lansdowne Hotel Broadway, Chippendale » | Chinese New Year Feast » | Chinese New Year Markets, Chinatown » | Wine, cheese and beer » | Harrigan's Irish Pub, Pokolbin » | Chinese New Year Parade, Sydney » | Chinese New Year Festivities, Cabramatta »

Friday, March 02, 2007

It's for research: Farmer's Rustica, Luneburger

sandwich

A good sandwich starts with good bread.

That's why I couldn't resist buying a loaf of Farmer Rustica from the German Luneburger bakery in the bustling corridors of the QVB (Queen Victoria Building).

farmer rustica
Farmer's Rustica $4.50

The Luneburger website describes this as a "round loaf made of wheat and rye. Soft and moist inside. Extending baking time makes a tasty rye-flavoured crust".

It is all this and more. The crust is a golden brown that is almost sweet and sticky, the bread inside is soft and fluffy, and despite its small appearance, this loaf packs a hefty 750g of sustenance.

Carve up into thick hearty slices, slather with good butter and sandwich with your favourite filling. I had leg ham, tomatoes, red capsicum and rocket leaves. One of the tastiest slap-dash lunches I've had in some time.

luneburger

Luneburger German Bakery
Shop 72 Lower Ground, Queen Victoria Building
455 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Tel: +61 (02) 9264 2377

Related GrabYourFork posts:
Beb Patisserie, Ultimo
Bourke Street Bakery, Broadway
6 comments - Add some comment love

posted by Anonymous on 3/02/2007 12:48:00 am


6 Comments:

  • At 3/02/2007 9:47 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like the queues, they stop me from being bad :) I had a hazelnut chocolate croissant one morning that was still warm - I almost wept.

    Have been reading the blog for a while but this is my first post. One of my favourite sites :)

     
  • At 3/03/2007 4:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mmmmmm... breaddd
    smells soo good and tastes even better! I usually go for the German "donut" but i dont know the real name haha if you do please share! much appreciated.

     
  • At 3/04/2007 11:59 pm, Blogger papa lazarou said…

    awww.. yes, those heavenly hazelnut choc croissants... smells and tastes sensational...

     
  • At 3/05/2007 8:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmm I meant the one with the bread base and cookie-like top... best combo ever XD

     
  • At 3/11/2007 10:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oohhh thhxx pictures making me hungry tho >_< I was referring to the Streuselschnecke and i also had the cheese pretzel recently and liked it ^^

     
  • At 5/07/2007 10:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ever since I got a job in Lane Cove West, I had to catch bus from QVB Terminal C bus station. then every morning, I always find a good reason to walk through Luneburger and buy their yummy croissant. I love their chocolate croissant and snails. it feels heavenly when its still warm.
    apparently the German sour dough really takes your five senses to the food nirvana. LOL :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


      << Read Older Posts       |       >> Read Newer Posts