Scones with jam and cream, dainty sandwiches with the crusts cut off and a bounty of petite and sweet desserts... What's not to love about high tea?
Tuesday night saw the launch of High Tea at the Victoria Room, a book by Jill Jones-Evans and Joe Gambacorta, featuring both recipes and the history of high tea. Guests mingled over mini cupcakes, flaky pork and apple sausage rolls and delicate lavendar shortbread rounds in the ambient surrounds of The Victoria Room--"colonial chic in the British Raj style" as self-described by Jones-Evans.
With more and more people getting back into the kitchen, hosting your own afternoon tea is now easier than ever. Thanks to the kind folk at The Victoria Room we have a Freebie Friday giveaway for Grab Your Fork readers, and yes, this has been bumped forward to Thursday because tomorrow is Easter Friday.
This giveaway includes both the book AND a Royal High Tea for two, so now you can have your cake and eat it too!
- A copy of High Tea at the Victoria Room (RRP $29.95) and
- A voucher for a Royal High Tea for Two (RRP $105.60) which includes
- afternoon tea sandwiches of: chicken and wild herbs, cucumber, creme fraiche and dill; and smoked salmon, rocket, lemon capers, watercress, celery, walnuts and goats curd
- date and plain scones served with organic strawberry conserve and chantilly cream
- assorted sweeties of: dark chocolate cup with chocolate mousse, cream and fresh raspberries; classic baked lemon cheescake; strawberry and vanilla shortbread tart; and red velvet cupcake topped with cream cheese icing
- teas - English Breakfast supreme, Scottish Breakfast, Earl Grey premium, Queen Mary, Prince of Wales, Russian Caravan, Assam, Darjeeling and China Sencha
- herbal/fruit infusions - lemongrass and ginger; chamomile; spearmint; rose garden; Turkish apple and chai
- coffee any style
- and a glass of Viticoltori Ponte Sparkling Rose Prosecco from Italy.
The high tea voucher is valid for six months.
HOW TO ENTER:
All you have to do is fulfil the requirements below:
- Leave a comment on this post and tell us: what would you eat first if you won the Royal High Tea, and what would you save until last?
- And then send an email to email@example.com with the subject heading "High Tea" and include your full name and a copy of your published comment from this post.
The High Tea at The Victoria Room competition closes on Monday 26 April 2010 at 5.30pm AEST. The winner will be announced on Grab Your Fork on Tuesday 27 April 2010.
EDIT: This competition has now closed. Congratulations to the winner announced here.
>> More Grab Your Fork competitions to enter:
- Win a copy of The Salt Book (Entries close Tue 4 May)
- Win a place at a masterclass with Tetsuya Wakuda (Entries close Tue 4 May)
- Win one of five magic Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs umbrellas (Entries close Mon 24 May)
- Win two tickets to a pasta-making masterclass with Ashley Hughes from Alio (Entries close Sat 29 May)
The Victoria Room
View Larger Map
The Victoria Room
Level 1, 235 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, Sydney
Tel: +61 (02) 9357 4488
Related Grab Your Fork posts:
High tea at the Victoria Room, Darlinghurst
How to host your own afternoon tea
53 comments - Add some comment love
4/01/2010 02:23:00 am