#navbar-iframe { display: none; }

« Home | Pyrmont Growers' Market » | High Tea at the Swissotel, Sydney » | The Reveal » | Oaty Date Slice » | Sydney Sandwich Social » | Mmmango » | Bourke Street Bakery, Broadway » | IMBB #19: Strawberry and Raisin Oatmeal Cookies » | Apple Cinnamon Muffins with Walnut Streusel » | Pineapple coconut muffins »

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

EoMEoTE #11: Smoked Trout Salad with Soft-Set Egg

In accordance with this month's theme of 70s lyrics...



Can you see the trout Fernando?
I remember long ago when trout was smoked as well as this
There was salad too Fernando
An orb of warming yolk just like a gently rising sun
I can see the toast now bare
But soon to bathe in sticky egg of fun.

I used the smoked trout I picked up from last week's Pyrmont Growers' Market. The flesh was firm, perfectly flaky and had a delightfully earthy genuine smoked flavour. The organic egg was soft soft boiled, the runny yolk mopped up with triangles of toasted light rye.

Check out all the End of Month Eggs on Toast Extravaganzas in the wrap-up coming soon to Dispensing Happiness.
8 comments - Add some comment love

posted by Anonymous on 10/05/2005 11:59:00 pm


8 Comments:

  • At 10/06/2005 2:21 am, Blogger Stephanie said…

    You know...I just don't hear enough ABBA these days; thanks!

    Looks great, and I'm happy you could join in.

     
  • At 10/06/2005 5:14 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yums..! looks really delicious..!

     
  • At 10/06/2005 6:02 am, Blogger Chick Pea said…

    Oh man that looks so good...I'm getting hungry again.

    Yummmm!!!

     
  • At 10/06/2005 9:02 pm, Blogger Reid said…

    Hi AG,

    Can I have some of that yolk for breakfast? It looks so perfectly cooked. =P

     
  • At 10/06/2005 9:03 pm, Blogger boo_licious said…

    oooo, that looks so good and I love the Abba reference.

     
  • At 10/09/2005 11:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fernando is my father's name, so this song is dear to our hearts. He would love that dish too!

     
  • At 10/10/2005 12:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mmm...that looks absolutely fab, especially the runny sunny yolk. That's my favorite Corningware pattern too, the Morning Blue, if I remember correctly. :)

     
  • At 10/27/2005 9:51 pm, Blogger Jeanne said…

    A-BBA! A-BBA! A-BBA! Abba rocks and I'm so thrilled that you found a song to use for EoMEoTE - I was trying but when inspiration struck it just didn't strike in a Scadanavian direction...! Great post & thanks for joining in!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home


      << Read Older Posts       |       >> Read Newer Posts